Nature & Outdoor
Bike lovers, this is your time to shine!
Don’t miss the chance to practise your favourite sport surrounded by pristine nature in a gently undulating landscape of hills and valleys full of historical and architectural gems.
We already talked about the Regional parks (suitable for the whole family) and 4 best cycling routes in Romagna between nature and culture, so today we will tell you about the Cycle Paths of the Parks, 10 cycling routes from the province of Piacenza to Romagna within 9 regional parks and a nature reserve.
- Ciclovia dello Stirone – Stirone and Piacenziano Regional Park
- Ciclovia del Taro – Taro River Regional Park
- Ciclovia Boschi di Carrega – Carrega Woods Regional Park
- Ciclovia del Parco dei Sassi – Sassi di Roccamalatina Regional Park
- Ciclovia dei Gessi di Gaibola – Gessi Bolognesi e Calanchi dell’Abbadessa Regional Park
- Ciclovia della Memoria – Monte Sole Historical Regional Park
- Ciclovia di Monteveglio – Monteveglio Abbey Regional Park
- Ciclovia dei Gessi – Vena del Gesso Romagnola Regional Park
- Ciclovia del Trebbia – Trebbia River Regional Park
- Ciclovia del Secchia – Secchia River Detention Basin Nature Reserve
Cycle paths of the parks Emilia Romagna
Beech tree at Boschi di Carrega | Ph Sara Soliani, parchidelducato
Deer at Monte Sole Park | Ph lpvva1 via Flickr
Gessi Bolognesi Park | Ph paPisc via Flickr
Monteveglio Abbey Park
Stirone park | Ph parchidelducato
Sunset on Taro River | Ph. parchidelducato
Trebbia River | Ph R.Ziliani, parchidelducato
Vena del gesso Park | Ph. brisighellaospitale
These cycling paths are suitable for everyone (even beginners) since the paths have different levels of difficulty and can be cycled in 1-day or half-day stages.
To choose the path that best suit your skills, have a look at the technical sheet of the cycling path (which includes information on the length, gradient, level of difficulty, travel times, cultural and environmental destinations, useful contact details) and at the map with GPS directions, to reach the site and follow the direction signs.
If you are environmentally conscious, remember that these routes can also be reached by train.
At the nearest train station, specific signage will show you how to easily reach the protected area and the cycling path.
Further information is also available free of charge at the visitor centres in the area:
– The “Ciclovie dei Parchi leaflet;
– The “Ciclovie dei Parchi” roadmap.
Social Media Manager for @inEmiliaRomagna and full-time mom.
I love traveling, both physically and with imagination, thanks to movies and books, and I celebrate every day with a smile.
It might also like
Interested in our newsletter?
Every first of the month, an email (in Italian) with selected contents and upcoming events.