Nature & Outdoor
This blogpost is dedicated to you.
To you who want to travel at a slow pace.
To you who always try to get in touch with nature and its inhabitants.
To you who consider yourself a temporary citizen of the place you visit, and not a hit-and-run tourist.
To you who prefer to live the moment, rather than share it in real time.
To you who have a new awareness and prefer to know and deepen the small realities, devoting them the necessary time, rather than collecting places to brag about.
To you who live again the experience every time you tell about it, enthusiastically, to relatives and friends.
To you who try to better understand the past to work for a better future.
What is Slow Tourism
2019 in Italy is the year dedicated to slow tourism, the trend that involves an ever-increasing number of travelers interested in a new way to travel and make experiences, based on these 6 elements:
– Sustainability: minimizing the impact on the environment;
– Authenticity: enhancing the peculiarities of the places;
– Slowness: favoring non-frenetic rhythms;
– Contamination: stimulating more interactions with the host community;
– Emotion: involving the tourist in a multi-sensory experience that will enrich him;
– Respect: for the environment and the ecosystem, as well as for traditions and people.
An excellent opportunity to enhance the territories that are less known by international tourism, relaunching them in a sustainable way, in order to foster innovative travel experiences: from paths to cycle lanes, from small villages to natural parks, from local protected food and wine products to spas.
Slow Tourism in Emilia Romagna
Doing slow tourism in Emilia Romagna means being able to make multiple experiences, such as:
- Undertake one of the 14 pilgrims’ paths – In order to follow them it’s not necessary to be motivated by Faith: it’s enough you want to regain possession of time, memory and cultural identity of the place.
- Go to one of the 14 natural parks – National, interregional or regional, the choice is wide for those who’re looking for a life in harmony with nature: here it’s also possible to go birdwatching or to admire the magical silence of the woods with snowshoes, between landscapes characterized by forests, rivers, lakes and waterfalls.
- Experience nature on two wheels – Following the paths between valleys, hills and peaks as true professionals, or simply choosing a slow way to get to know the Regional nature by riding along the Parks’ cycle-paths.
- Visit one of the 30 small villages – Places where the dimensions are on a human scale and time seems to have stopped, so far from the overcrowded international destinations.
- Discover many curious museums – Traditions, trades, uses, peculiarities and excellences: to know them, just visit the region following your personal interests.
- Spend hours of healthy wellness at the SPA – For a slow break, soak in the millenary thermal waters, to enjoy their many precious mineral elements.
- Enjoy the many Slow Food presidia – For a 360° experience to understand the link between flavors and typical products with the territory, with delicious stops in the taste museums.
- Take part to one of the initiatives that espouse a philosophy such as Urban Trekking or Trekking with the train.
- Get on board a historic train: an experience where the landscape is the protagonist, to enjoy a journey that becomes a small exclusive vacation.
Don’t miss the chance to learn about places, memories, knowledge and craftsmanship that make our country unique: a beauty spread over the territory that civilization has not affected over the centuries.
Your next slow tourism experience is in Emilia Romagna, we’re waiting for you!
Social Media Manager for @inEmiliaRomagna and full-time mom.
It might also like
Interested in our newsletter?
Every first of the month, an email (in Italian) with selected contents and upcoming events.